Chevrolet announced official details of the 2012 Cruze and the updates it’lll feature. And they’re still boasting that extra 2 mpg!
The 2012 Chevrolet Cruze models with the 1.4L turbo and six-speed automatic transmission will get 2 mpg better fuel economy, for 38 mpg compared with 36 mp. ECO version will be capable of 39 mpg on the highway compared with 37 mpg. Cruze Eco with the standard six-speed manual transmission will do 42 mpg.
Other updates for the 2012 Cruze worth mentioning include a feature package containing Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB port, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel and a leather-wrapped shift knob will be standard on 1LT and Eco models. These features were part of the $525 Connectivity Plus Cruise option package on 2011 models.
Additional standard equipment on the 2012 Cruze includes:
- Remote keyless entry
- Air conditioning
- Audio system with AM/FM/CD and MP3 playback
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial service
- Driver information center with average and instant fuel economy feedback, tire pressure readout, oil life remaining and more
- Rear defogger
- Power windows
- Fuel-saving rack mounted electric power steering.
New equipment on the 2012 Cruze includes:
- 6-speed manual transmission standard on 1LT and 2LT
- Keyless entry and keyless start available on 2LT and standard on LTZ
- Touch screen navigation system with 7” color display available on Eco, 2LT and LTZ
- 16-inch five-spoke machined-face alloy wheels are standard on 1LT
- 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with four-wheel disc brakes are standard on 2LT
- Compact spare tire and wheel standard on all models except Eco with manual transmission and 1FL (fleet)
- Fog lamps are standard on LTZ
- Exterior colors: Blue Granite Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic and Victory Red (with RS appearance package only)
Cruze’s standard safety features include:
- Ten standard air bags – the most in the segment – including frontal, head curtain side air bags, front and outboard rear-seat side-impact air bags and knee air bags
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control and anti-lock brakes
- Collapsible pedal system, which allows the pedals to detach during a crash to reduce the risk of leg or ankle injuries
- OnStar with Automatic Crash Response.