Toyota announced pricing details of the UK-spec 2012 Land Cruiser. Going on sale from 1 March, it is priced at £62,285.
For your 62 grand you’ll be getting a mildly revised design which looks pretty much the same as before, the same 4.5-litre V8 turbodiesel engine – which now features particulate filter (DPF) and new fuel injectors in the common rail system – and six-speed automatic transmission. It makes 268bhp (200kW) and maximum torque of 650Nm.
That doesn’t sound like enough to move the absolutely huge Land Cruiser around with ease. But it comes with a couple of advanced off-road features that will help it get out of its own way. They include:
- The world’s first Turn Assist, reducing the vehicle’s turning radius when driving through tight off-road bends
- Crawl Control, with five speed settings for tackling steep climbs or descents
- Multi-terrain Select, with five selectable modes to tailor vehicle performance to different off-road conditions
- Multi-terrain Monitor, providing a 360-degree view of the area immediately around the vehicle via four external cameras
- Tyre Angle Display, displayed together with the predicted tyre path guidelines on the Multi-terrain Monitor, showing changes in steering angle between zero and 45 degrees
- Variable Flow Control power steering, with a unique, dedicated off-road setting
The UK-spec Land Cruiser comes as standard with Toyota Touch Pro, an advanced multimedia and navigation system with a digital tuner, Bluetooth and a rear-view camera. Featuring an 8-inch touchscreen, it also delivers on-board internet connectivity, using a compatible mobile phone and registration via a Toyota customer portal. A premium in-car entertainment package can be specified as an option.
Other notable features include new, air conditioned/heated front seats, a central cool box, heated steering wheel and all-round improvements to the quality and appearance of the trims and finishes.
UK customers can choose from eight exterior colours, including two new to the model range: Pearl White and Pure White.