Granted, as far as family sedans go, Ford Taurus is not the best there is. But there’s no denying the car is blessed with that warm fuzzy feeling all Ford cars have, especially in SHO guise. Fitted with the SHO Performance Package, the Taurus becomes two cars in one. On one hand, it’s a large, dignified saloon to go to your meeting in or take the kids to school, and on the other it’s a road-ripping mentalist.
That is the subject of this new promo video Ford has released for the car.
They take the car to Grattan Raceway in Belding, Mich. and put it in action to showcase what a revised chassis and sport suspension can do with the car’s personality and behavior. And with 370 hp at the disposal of your right foot, you can make this big Yank dance if you want.
The SHO Performance Package includes:
- Package-specific sport-tuned suspension with unique dampers and springs
- Performance brake pads and unique track-tuned calipers
- Recalibrated EPAS
- Electronic Stability Control track mode with true off
- 3.16 to 1 final drive ratio for enhanced off-the-line acceleration
- Enhanced extreme-duty cooling system
- 20-inch machined and painted wheels
- 245/YR20 performance summer-compound tires