Hot hatch fans will be glad to know that at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed (27th–29th June), Peugeot is going to unveil a special edition version of the 208 GTi. It is called the 30th anniversary model and it celebrates the GTi badge, first introduced on the iconic 205 GTi back in 1984.
Peugeot 208 GTi 30th Anniversary will be on display in the Supercar & ‘First Glimpse’ class, and also on the Hillclimb course. Details of this limited edition model are yet to be revealed, but Peugeot says that this version is “specially-enhanced” which means it will come with lots of extra goodies fitted to it over the standard version.
What we want to know is if they have also given the 30th Anniversary model more power. The standard 208 GTi has 200 horsepower, so 230 would be a good number for this Anniversary model!
Besides the Peugeot 208 GTi 30th Anniversary, the brand’s Goodwood stand will also include the following:
- 2008 DKR – the Dakar challenger for the 2015 endurance competition
- PEUGEOT Design Lab mezzanine space displaying the ONYX Sofa– on sale at €135,000
- ‘PEUGEOT Gravity Drop’ public ride
- Exalt Concept Car (European debut)
- RCZ R Sports Coupé – 270bhp 1.6-litre road car
- 308 R Concept Car (270bhp 1.6-litre petrol engine)
- 208 HYbrid FE Demonstrator (capable of 0-60mph in 8.0seconds / 46g/km CO2)
- 308 Hatchback (2014 European Car of the Year)
- 208 GTi Prestige (fully-specified model)