We have been told time and again that even though on paper the new 2016 Cadillac ATS-V can hold its own against the German rivals, namely BMW M3, the reality is quite different. That remains to be verified in a head to head test. For now, let’s have a closer look at the speedy Caddy and see what it’s like on its own.
Looking at this car objectively, you can’t help but agree that it’s a pretty decent effort by GM. Inevitably though, reviewer Carlos Lago has to make comparisons with the M3 here and there in order to drive home the points he is trying to make about the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V Key Highlights:
- Brembo high-performance brake system developed to provide durability, consistency and the capability for track-day performance straight from the factory
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control, which delivers 40 percent faster damping response
- Integrated chassis controls that provide balanced performance for touring and the track, including class-exclusive Performance Traction Management
- Structural stiffness increased by 25 percent for higher cornering loads
- Driver-selectable driving modes for touring, sport and track
- Tri-compound tires offering excellent grip with extended tire wear
- Available downforce-generating track aerodynamics package
- Functional exterior design for powertrain and drivetrain cooling, as well as aerodynamic performance
- An interior with high-performance seats and ergonomics focused on the driver’s interfaces with key features for performance driving.