Jaguar F-Type is a car of great paradoxes. It looks, in its base V6 model at least, so nice and beautiful, one would imagine it is as tender moving as Amanda Seyfried and as sweet sounding as Taylor Swift. In reality though, the car sounds like Lil Wayne on crack and moves with all the finesse of a baby elephant. And in no variant of the car that is more true than Jaguar F-Type Project 7.
The F-Type’s biggest talent lies in its ability to make those seemingly unattractive qualities look like great fun. It does sound harsh; it’s just super sporty. The tail is not too waggly; it just loves to drift.
With all that in mind, Evo’s Jethro Bovingdon took a white Jaguar F-Type Project 7 for a spin, first on some nice winding roads and then on the race track which was where things got really interesting:
Jaguar Project 7 Main Features:
- 5.0 Litre V8 575PS Supercharged Engine, Jaguar’s most powerful ever
- Stunning historic racing D-Type style with exclusive classic rear Aero Haunch, delivering authentic aero performance
- Aggressive, racing-inspired front bumper with splitter, new side grille mesh, centre grille & surround
- Lightweight all-aluminium body
- Carbon ceramic brakes
- Unique race-inspired F-TYPE seat
- Bespoke manual ‘bimini’ hood
- Unique ‘Project 7’ badging