Following the success of their previous dog-centered commercials, Subaru of America is bringing back the puppies for the super bowl commercials this year with a series of spots featuring the Barkleys. They’re a bit cheesy, but gosh darn it they’re adorable!
Subaru says their doggie commercials are not just manipulative clips trying to take advantage of people’s love for puppies to sell cars. The connection is already there, they say, as eight out of 10 Subaru owners are pet owners. Their cars are pet-friendly, if just for the fact that they are made of high-quality stuff that will take forever for a dog to chew through.
So Here’s all Subaru Puppy Bowl ads:
- “PUPPY” – A nighttime drive is the only acceptable lullaby for one tired puppy, so one tired father takes the Barkleys’ Subaru Legacy for yet another lap around the block.
- “PHONE NAVIGATION” – Your smartphone’s voice assistant isn’t exactly smart, and it doesn’t help when you’ve got one word to work with. The Barkleys drive their Subaru Legacy on a back road, and when they pull over for a little help, the family runs into a language barrier.
- “DOGGIE BAG” – Sometimes the go-anywhere capability of Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive is just too seductive. The Barkleys take their Subaru Forester out for a date night in the city, but their valet sees its potential for off-road adventure.
- “WINDSHIELD WIPER” – The Barkleys run into some oddly localized weather in their Subaru Legacy. Luckily, a Legacy has more than just Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive to deal with a sudden downpour.
- “BAD HAIR DAY” – We check back in with the Barkleys as Dad helpfully picks up Mom from the salon in their Subaru Forester and takes in her new look. Unfortunately, Golden Labs are genetically incapable of keeping a poker face.