In an effort to properly promote the new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor and showcase its capabilities, the Blue Oval is utilizing the power of visual media to the max, launching a six-part monthly series starring the Raptor. Each film will showcase one aspect of the new truck’s off-road prowess.
It may seem a bit over the top making basically a miniseries to promote a pickup truck, but then the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor is no ordinary truck. It is every man’s dream, this truck, from the way it looks, to the technical specs it boasts, and of course the way it goes.
The new Raptor is a full 500 pounds lighter than the previous generation model thanks to high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy construction, meaning it is now closer than ever to its Baja 100 racing cousins. It also boasts new and improved FOX Racing Shox with more suspension travel and all-new terrain management technology, plus a choice of 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 or 6.2-liter V8, plus an all-new 10-speed transmission.
Shot in the Mojave desert where the first prototypes of the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor were tested, the first episode shows off the truck’s “jaw-dropping off-road agility and capability.”
Video series highlights:
- Video 1: F-150 Raptor’s jaw-dropping off-road agility and capability
- Video 2: All-new BF Goodrich KO2 Tires
- Video 3: Six preset driving modes that optimize F-150 Raptor’s performance for virtually every terrain
- Video 4: Long-travel suspension that is the crown jewel of F-150 Raptor
- Video 5: How great design enhances F-150 Raptor’s capability
- Video 6: Ultimate off-road capability