The guys at Motor Trend are true experts in the arts and science of automobiles. But it is this very vast knowledge of all things motoring that often makes them fall into the geek trap, putting too much emphasis on things that the target audience of a car don’t really care about. You’ll know what we’re on about here after watching their review of the 2016 Rolls-Royce Dawn.
The whole video seems to revolve around the fact that Rolls-Royce Dawn has strong genetic relations with BMW 7 Series. Okay, humans have strong genetic ties with chimpanzees, what’s the point here? And at any rate, do you think someone popping into a Rolls-Royce showroom willing to spend $400K on a drop-top road yacht gives a rat’s hairy bottom what’s underneath that glorious skin?
Rolls-Royce Dawn Highlights:
- Twin-turbo 6.6-litre V12 powertrain
- Power output 563bhp or 420kW
- Torque rating 780Nm or 575 lb ft
- Automatic Cruise Control
- Satellite Aided 8-speed ZF transmission
- Soft-top operation time 20 seconds at a speed of up to 50kph
- 10.25″ high-definition screen
- Bespoke Audio