The next car to get the full SaabKyle treatment is the new 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, a car that some argue is the finest version of the C7 Stingray you can buy, even better than the superb Z06. That argument relies on the fact that the Grand Sport offers more value as a package than the high-performance variant, and that’s what you examine for yourself in this in-depth tour and review.
The 2017 Corvette Grand Sport comes in both coupe and convertible body styles and packs a 460 horsepower V8 engine:
2017 Corvette Grand Sport Main Highlights:
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tires: 285/30ZR19 (front) and 335/25ZR20 (rear)
- Specific Grand Sport wheel design: 19×10 inches (front) and 20×12 inches (rear)
- Brembo brake system with (355 mm) 14-inch rotors and six-piston calipers in front and (340 mm) 13.4 inch rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear
- Standard magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs
- Standard electronic limited-slip differential
- LT1 V8 engine rated at (343 kW) 460 hp, with dry-sump oiling system and active exhaust
- Seven-speed manual transmission with active rev match and available eight-speed paddle-shift automatic with specific performance calibration
- Available Z07 package adds carbon ceramic-matrix brakes and Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Cup tires.