The public’s response to the Accent Value Edition must have been pretty good because Hyundai America is extending the offer to other models. The next one is the 2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition which comes with a fair amount of new kit and at $20,250 represents a saving of $1,215 in options.
Before we get to what sets apart the Value Edition Elantra we should mention that trim levels for the new modelyear get a boost in equipment level. The Elantra SE, for instance, gets Bluetooth phone and audio capability as well as cruise control, and the Limited version now boasts High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with Dynamic Bending Light. Does that make you feel better about owning an Elantra?
Value for Korean cars is all about the features and so when they name a car ‘value edition’ you expect the equipment list to really blow you away. So here’s the list for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition. We can just mention them and let you decide if you feel particularly blown away by it:
- Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross-traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist
- LED daytime running lamps
- Hands-free Smart Trunk release
- Sunroof – power glass tilt and slide, safety one-touch
- Heated front seats
- 7-inch Display Audio system with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
- Power driver’s seat with lumbar adjust
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- Dual automatic temperature control with clean air ionizer and auto defogger
- Proximity key with electronic push button start
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass
- Leather shift knob
- Leather wrapped steering wheel