As the new 2015 Corvette Z06 gears up to hit the market early next year and give all the Euro super cars a good run for their money with its mix of insane power and insanely reasonable price tag, Chevy sends a yellow example to Motor Trend for a bearded Carlos Lago to put it through a whole battery of tests.
As usual, the Z06 is subjected to performance test on the skid pad but not before it’s proven its numbers with a VBox. Then we hit the road to see how pleasant, or otherwise, the car is to live with. It is, after all, a road car. Last but not least, a track test is in order to determine if this Corvette’s man parts are more substantial than those of the rivals!
2015 Corvette Z06 Highlights:
- Aluminum space frame
- Carbon-fiber hood and removable carbon-fiber roof panel
- Supercharged 6.2L aluminum V8 engine
- 650 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque
- 7-speed manual or an all-new 8-speed paddle-shift automatic
- 0-60: 2.95 Seconds
- Quarter mile: 10.95 Seconds @127 MPH
- Coupe and convertible body styles
- Driver Mode Selector
- Data Recorder Telemetry
- Starting Price: around $80,000