Chevrolet will unveil two new editions of their mid-size sedan the Cruze at 2010 New York Auto Show. The first and more important model is the Cruze Eco which does 40 MPG and the other is the RS which comes with an optional appearance package. The Eco is powered by a turbocharged 1.4-liter engine to become the most fuel-efficient model in the lineup.
This engine develops 138 hp and with its six-speed manual gearbox can take the car from zero to 100 km/h in 10 seconds. With the six-speed automatic transmission this task takes 9 seconds. Both units have optimized gear ratios for fuel economy helping the car to achieve 40 mpg.
Other Features of 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco includes:
- A lower front grille air shutter that closes at higher speeds to improve aerodynamics and opens at lower speeds to optimize engine-cooling airflow
- The upper grille has more “closeouts” to improve aerodynamics
- A lower front air dam extension, extensive use of underbody panels and a rear spoiler enhance aerodynamics
- A lowered ride height improves aerodynamics
- Unique 17-inch lightweight aluminum wheels
- Ultra-low rolling resistance 17-inch Goodyear tires.