Along with the new Cruze Eco, Chevrolet will also introduce a new RS package for the LT and LTZ models at the upcoming New York Auto Show. This optional package is strictly visual and adds a few cues to the exterior to make it more sporty. The power comes from the standard 138 hp 1.4 liter engine.
RS appearance package contains unique fascias, rocker moldings, rear spoiler and fog lamps, as well as an uplevel instrument clusterchrome accent rings in place of the standard silver finish, and also opaque cluster bezels that allow the cluster’s ice blue backlighting to shine through — providing a sporty nighttime appearance.
“For customers who want even more personality and presence in their vehicle, the RS appearance package builds on the already bold face and coupe-like proportions of the Cruze,” said Michael Simcoe, executive director, North American Exterior Design.
All 2011 Cruze models including the Eco, LS, LT and LTZ are generously equipped with things like:
- Ten standard air bags, including frontal, front-seat side-impact air bags, roof rail head curtain, rear-seat side air bags and new front knee air bags
- Bluetooth, USB connectivity, XM Satellite Radio and navigation system
- Standard OnStar with one year of Directions and Connections service
- MacPherson strut front suspension and Z-link rear suspension, with 16-, 17- and 18-inch wheels
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control and anti-lock brakes
- Fuel-saving, rack-mounted electric power steering
- Unexpected levels of quietness, smoothness and refinement for the segment.