Honda has released a new version of their best-selling Odyssey MPV in America and they say that it will redefine the whole concept of minivan! And they’re kinda right, because despite being a van the Odyssey looks like fun. That’s mainly due to the new crazy design, and the fact that it’s 1.6 inches lower and 1.4 inches wider than the old model.
Underneath that sleek and trendy design, you also get a lot of practicality and convenience. It’s a proper seven-seater and the Honda says that the view for the third-row seats is also improved. All of the rear seats also fold completely flat into the floor, making a huge cargo area. The cabin also features a very nice entertainment system for the rear passengers, with high-definition connectivity and split-screen viewing.
The 2011 Odyssey is powered by a 3.5-liter i-VTEC V-6 engine with three-mode Variable Cylinder Management which has an average fuel consumption of 19/city 28/highway mpg (estimated). Other new things on the 2011 model include HID front headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, 12.6-inch ventilated front disc brakes, Power tailgate.
The interior is very well-equipped with features such as :
- AM/FM/XM/CD Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Activation
- Ultra-Wide Rear Entertainment System (RES) with split-screen capability
- External HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) input
- 150-watt AC power outlet
- Media tray with integrated beverage holder
- Removable 1st row center console with hidden storage
- New cool box in lower center stack (keeps items cool when vehicle is running)
- Leather-trimmed seating with heated front seats
- Memory-linked 10-way power driver’s seat
- LATCH child seat anchors in five seating positions, including three positions in the second row to accommodate three child seats simultaneously
- Two captain’s chairs in the second row provide adult comfort with center seat folded down
- One-strap stowable 3rd Row Magic Seat®
- Second- and third-row passenger window sunshades
- 15 beverage holders
- Trash bag ring