At 2010 Pebble Beach Concours British sportscar maker will reveal their latest creation which is a four-seater coupe called the EvaGT. Although this teaser image does not reveal much, but a few things are clear. First of all, it won’t be cross-eyed like the Aero 8, and second, it won’t have a funny rear-end like the Aero Max! Also it will get an aluminum chassis instead of Morgan’s traditional wooden spine.
The EvaGT will be based on the structures of the Aero Supersports GT3 racer and Morgan says that ot copes with European and American regulations. But designwise, it will be very different than Morgan’s current production, but it will take many cues from classic British cars. They even say it’s like a revolution for the company!
As for the powertrain, it gets BMW’s famous twin-turbo 3.0 liter straight-six petrol engine with the same 306bhp and 400nm of torque output. Here’s the specs of the car Morgan announced, which seem suspiciously ambitious!
- Maximum output: 306bhp and 400nm of torque
- Euro 5 and 6 compliant at 200 gms Co2/km, US FMVSS, CARB and EPA approved.
- 40 mpg / 7.06 litres/100kms
- 6 speed sport automatic or 6 speed manual gearbox.
- Rear wheel drive with fully independent intelligent suspension
- Aluminium body panels with a laminated internal safety structure.
- Predicted weight of 2755 lbs/1250 kg
- Predicted 0-60 mph 4.5 seconds/ 0-100km/h 4.5 seconds
- Predicted top speed 170mph / 273 km/h
To be revealed at the 60th Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, Carmel, California, USA on the 15th August 2010, Morgan EvaGT will be limited to 100 units, and you may order yours during the show for a a deposit of £5000.