The new Renault Latitude finally gets its big time at the Moscow International Motor Show before it goes on sale in Morocco and Algeria, then in Russia and Ukraine and in Africa. This version of the has been developed in partnership with AvtoVAZ to increase Renault-Nissan share in this huge market. European version will be unveiled at the Paris Motor Show and will feature a specific engine line-up, fascia and exterior detail.
just because the Latitude belongs to the less significant markets, does not mean it’s a rubbish car. It is stylish and spacious, with high quality materials, but at a competitive price. This saloon embodies the best technical advances in terms of reliability and efficiency, and is destined to become the flagship model of Renault’s range of cars. Latitude goes on sale in Russia in the autumn and will then be released in a further 50 countries around the world.
In brief, it’s a fine car.
- Length – 4,887mm; width – 1,832mm; height – 1,483mm; wheelbase – 2,762mm
- Boot capacity 477litres
- The elbow room is one of the best in its category – 1,460mm in the front, 1,440mm in the back
- There are many storage compartments, including the generously proportioned 9.6 litre glove compartment, which is both illuminated and cooled, whilst the compartment next to the main console has a capacity of 2.4 litres
Innovative comfort technologies:
- The driver’s seat has a massaging function with four different settings
- The triple-zone automatic climate control system allows the driver and each of the passengers to achieve their preferred temperature
- An air quality control management system with a dual-mode air ioniser with double fragrance diffuser – a first in the D-segment
- A hands free electronic key card that controls the central locking, ignition, and automatically locks the car when the driver walks away
- Directional bi-xenon headlights
- A wide range of audio systems including “3D Sound by Arkamys®”, as well as the first class “Bose® Premium” system with digital audio connector.
- A new satellite navigation system, Carminat TomTom® (available the beginning of 2011), as well as rear-view camera and automatic parking brake
The pleasure from driving the vehicle and its superior handling on the road is a result of the powerful and efficient power trains and optimum suspension setup:
- The choice of a dynamic and efficient two-litre petrol M4R engine with a continuous variable transmission (CVT) or a powerful VQ25 2.5 litre engine with a six-speed automatic AJ0 transmission.
- Independent multi-link rear suspension
The build quality and features of this model are designed for the most demanding customer:
- The most up-to-date active and passive safety features of the car were developed using Renault’s unique experience in this area: anti-lock and EBA (emergency brake assist) come as standard together with ESC (Electronic Stability Control), eight airbags with a two-tier system of lateral sensors, seat belt retractors with integrated load limiters, a cruise control system and directional bi-xenon headlights
- The reliability, safety and durability of the car are based on the joint technologies and technical achievements of the Renault-Nissan Alliance: the cars are put through extensive road testing and trials in extreme conditions to guarantee the highest standards of quality, which is of the utmost importance in countries with difficult road conditions. Not forgetting the highly valued manufacturing experience of the Busan plant where Koleos is already being manufactured.
Latitude features all the latest on-board technical equipment capable of a multitude of functions. For example, each model has a Bluetooth® connection as standard. The following audio systems will be available depending on model:
- All Latitude will include a 3D Sound audio system by Arkamys® with six speakers. It also includes a CD and MP3 player, as well as a 3.5mm “jack” and Bluetooth®
- The top of the range Latitude features an extra two speakers and the “Plug & Music” system, which facilitates the connection of most external media players, including iPod
- The exclusive Bose® Sound System is available as an additional extra. It provides perfect sound production in the cabin, includes 10 speakers (including the central channel and subwoofer) and also a multi-channel amplifier with equaliser.
Latitude is the embodiment of the international Renault Company. Developed in France and South Korea and incorporating elements of the platform from Renault and Nissan, this automobile incorporates all the best achievements in terms of technology, the fields of aerodynamics, safety, comfort and quality.
Latitude is manufactured in South Korea in the Busan Renault-Samsung-Motors plant. This production site is respectful of the environment and is certified ISO 14 001 and has great experience in the production of cars of higher automotive segments. Today, together with Latitude, the Busan factory produces Renault-Samsung-Motors models SM3, SM5, SM7, QM5 and Renault Koléos.