As you might be aware this year Chevrolet is celebrating its centennial year. On this occasion they announced a special Centennial Edition package for all Corvette models including Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1.
Available to order from summer, the Centennial Edition treatment includes a sleek black color scheme, unique design elements and Corvette’s trademark sports car technology. These models are tribute to Chevrolet’s racing heritage, more specifically their successful Le Mans career with Corvette Racing.
The Centennial Edition cars come exclusively in Carbon Flash Metallic, with satin-black graphics and unique Centennial Satin Black wheels and red brake calipers. They also get lightweight cast-spun aluminum wheels in size 18-inch/19-inch for Coupe, Convertible and Grand Sport; and 19-inch/20-inch for Z06 and ZR1, featuring a thin red outline around the perimeter of its surface on the Z06 models.
All Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette models get Magnetic Selective Ride Control system as standard.
The main highlight of this package however is a graphic logo featuring an iconic image of Louis Chevrolet appears on the B-pillars, the center caps of the wheels, and the center of the steering wheel. The seat headrests also carry an embossed centennial logo, while Corvette’s crossed flags badge contains a small adaptation, with “100” in place of the traditional fleur-de-lis symbol, only for the Centennial Edition.
Interior features include Ebony leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors complimented by red stitching also on the steering wheel, seats, console and shifter. The seats feature microfiber suede accents on seats, steering wheel, shifter and armrests, which were first used on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Limited Edition.
Pricing for the Chevrolet Corvette Centennial Edition will be announced in Summer, but before that Chevrolet will auction off a Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition – 100th 2012 Corvette off the assembly line, with a vehicle identification number ending in “00100” – at the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction in benefit of the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer.
The 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette Z06 (VIN 100) to be auctioned is based on the production 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package, new Z06 carbon fiber hood and CFZ carbon fiber package, which includes:
- Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Power-adjustable and heated seats
- Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
- The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
- Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
- CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
- New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.