The new 2013 Chevy Spark recivies its new price tag, which for the most basic LS model reads $12,995 including destination. The funky and good-looking Fiat 500-rival also has 1LT and 2LT versions with more equipments, and higher prices, $14,495 and $15,795 respectively. The Spark is a good little car, but it’s nowhere near as charming as the Fiat 500.
All models are powered by a 1.2L Ecotec engine and five-speed manual transmission as standard, while a 4-speed automatic transmission is available on all models for $925. The only other available options include an engine block heater for $75 and Black Granite paint for $195.
Depending on the trim level, the Spark also benefits from Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system with features like Pandora internet radio and Stitcher Smart Radio apps. Later on GogoLink – an embedded smartphone application that delivers full-function navigation including live traffic updates will be added.
Here’s the details of each trim level:
Spark LS starting at $12,995 includes:
- Standard 1.2L Ecotec engine and five-speed manual transmission
- Standard convenience features including air conditioning, power windows, rear window wiper, auxiliary input jack, outside temperature display and trip computer
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- 60/40 split flip-and-fold rear seat
- Comprehensive safety package including 10 air bags, electronic stability control with traction control and brake assist
- OnStar Directions & Connections plan standard with six-month introductory subscription
Spark 1LT starting at $14,495 includes LS standard content and adds:
- Standard 7-inch color touch radio with Chevrolet MyLink, Bluetooth connectivity for select phones, steering wheel audio controls, USB port and Sirius XM Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Other standard convenience features include power door locks with remote keyless entry, theft deterent system, outside power mirrors, floor mats, visor mirrors, and cruise control
Spark 2LT starting at $15,795 includes all 1LT standard content and adds:
- Unique 15-inch alloy wheels
- Fog lamps
- Exterior appearance enhancements including silver painted roof rails; chrome lift gate handle, exhaust outlet and beltline molding; body-color lower rocker molding; front and rear body-color sport fascias with unique front upper and lower grille inserts
- On the interior, leatherette seats and heated front seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel