Chevrolet revealed its plans with the new Silverado pickup truck for this year’s SEMA show, and it includes two awesome concept cars. This is the first offering, the Chevrolet Silverado Firefighter, styled and equipped for immediate action. It is a tribute to the service of grassroots first responders.
Based on the new Silverado Double Cab equipped with the Z71 Off Road suspension, the Chevrolet Silverado Firefighter is powered by the all-new EcoTec3 5.3L engine with 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque, and has a six-speed automatic transmission.
It also features revised suspension, Duralife brakes, Stabilitrak system, and CornerStep rear bumper that makes it easier to reach equipment in the bed. Inside, the front seats are re-trimmed with 3M reflective bolster material and Torch Red stitching, which complements additional chrome-plated accents throughout the cab.
But the real highlight of this car is all the firefighting equipment fitted to it, including:
- Chevrolet Accessory six-spoke 22-inch Wheels (part number 2095180) with custom painted finish
- Emergency roof light bar and additional light-emitting diode, or LED, perimeter lighting
- Chevrolet Accessory four-inch chrome assist steps (part number 22805436)
- Chevrolet Accessory chrome package: door handles (part number 22940647) and mirror caps (part number 22913965)
- Chevrolet Accessory molded hood protector (part number 19302745)
- Red and Silver Paint Scheme with Custom Graphics
- Emergency siren and PA system
- Chrome fire extinguishers and mounting hardware
- Chevrolet Accessory gull-wing tool box (part number 19260344)
- Custom billet aluminum front brush guard and billet aluminum bed rails
- Axe and Halligan tool
- CornerStep rear bumper
- Cantilever cab-over TracRac (part number 19299113) with custom brushed aluminum finish.