What is rarer than a Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio? That’s right, a Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio that isn’t red! During this year’s Monterey Car Week at Pebble Beach Ferrari of Beverly Hills brought along a very special version of this coach-built, limited edition model in dressed in navy blue with gold wheels. The looks of Sergio are still controversial, but damn that color is fine.
Limited to just 6 units, Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio was first conceived as a tribute to the late CEO of the Italian design house, Sergio Pininfarina. It is based on a Ferrari 458 Spider and is designed as a Speedster with on roof. The running gear is identical to the 458.
Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio Specs:
- Maximum length: 4550 mm
- Maximum width: 1940 mm
- Maximum height: 1140 mm
- Boot capacity: 110 litres
- Power train (from Ferrari 458 Spider): 4499cc V8; Sequential gearbox 7M + RM
- Package: 2 doors, 2 seats
- Chassis: original 458 Spider
- Cx XS: about 5% lower than the original car
- Weight: about 1280 kg
- Maximum speed: ~320 km/h
- 0-100 km/h: less than 3.4 seconds
Video by BrianZuk