If you have been following our coverage of Mecum Auctions’ 2016 Monterey event, you know that the it was one of the richest car auctions of all time, both quantitatively and qualitatively. So it comes as no surprise that they bagged more than $50 million USD in just two days.
The massive Monterey auction included some of the world’s finest hyper cars which would have sold just as easily, and probably for the roughly same amount, anywhere else. The vintage super cars and all those modern Ferraris went for pretty much estimates, but there were also a couple of surprises like a couple of Ferrari 599s selling more considerably more than a pristine Porsche Carrera GT. We reckon if the owner of the Porsche had sold it through a regular car dealer he would have gotten a lot more.
Here’s the hammer prices for the top 10 cars sold at Mecum Auctions 2016 Monterey sale:
- 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari (Lot S110) at $4,700,000
- 1966 Ford GT40 MkI (Lot S103) at $4,400,000
- 2003 Ferrari Enzo (Lot S108.1) at $3,000,000
- 2014 McLaren P1 (Lot S81) at $1,850,000
- 2011 Ferrari 599 SA Aperta (Lot S82) at $1,050,000
- 2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (Lot S91) at $1,000,000
- 1968 Lamborghini Miura P400 (Lot S77) at $790,000
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO (Lot S84) at $680,000
- 2004 Porsche Carrera GT (Lot S90) at $610,000
- 1932 Duesenberg Model J Phaeton (Lot S45) at $600,000